Benjamin Franklin

Benjamin Franklin Tercentenary Portrait painted by Scott Holloway. This "fresh look" of Benjamin Franklin has been made into the New Town Seal of Franklin, MA. Now I am selling Museum quality Giclee Prints.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Worcester, MA., United States

Specializing in realist painting techniques dating back to the Renaissance, Holloway has painted everyone from university presidents to American historical figures. He is also an established Conceptual Artist as well and shows work in many galleries around the world including New England, NYC, LA, London and Berlin. my Bio and Resume: http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/bio/paintingloft

Friday, February 10, 2006

Waiting

I have been waiting for so long it seems.

Waiting for the Independence Visitors Center to get back to me about selling the Giclee and other items from my
site.

Waiting for anyone to respond favorably to all my comments on all the other blogs out there about Ben.
Getting traffic to my site but getting no sales that way either.

Setting up all the links on the different Yahoo Groups (startonthestreet, ANT!, Worcester-Artist-Group) and still getting no sales. arg!!

What is that???
DO I SEE A LIGHT ON THE HORIZON??

I just got a call today from Rocco. It seems that someone called him about the print! Charlie O'Teri (spelling?) from O'Teri Funeral Home in Franklin. He left a message and told me that he is a big Franklin Fan and wanted 2 prints. I called the home back and talked to his son, gave him some prices for the prints (unframed) and told him that I could frame them if he wanted. I offered him a standard 17 inch print at the regular $220 and the 28 inch print (actual size of the original painting) at $300. (cheaper than I should have told him)
His son said maybe tomorrow or Sat. He would call back.

Also

The Freemasonstore.com wrote again and said that my info was submitted to the upload list and would be submitted in the week. (I guess maybe within the next few weeks) I wrote back to reconfirm my email address and also plugged having a new catagory: ART or Ben Franklin. The Franklin section could include other books they already offer, but I am kinda hoping for the Art section idea to be used. I guess we will have to wait and see.

on the other hand;

1.Action Geek contacted me this week and wants to feature my work in his book. It will probably be only one page but I asked him to include my store address.

2.The Italian American Cultural Center contacted me from the yahoo goup and asked me if I wanted to show in Apr. or Sept. I just wrote back saying Sept. would be good and maybe it would put a fire under my ass to create some new works by then.

3.Pete Caputa IV from Wine Tasting and Networking; seemed to like mine and cindy's work and asked us if we had stuff ready to hang. I just wrote back saying almost all our work on the website is already framed. I am hoping they choose us. They only do this event a few times a year.

4. I told John Pascarelli from Pascarelli Gallery about the Blank Canvas Magazine and convinced him to write an article about his gallery. I told John that I would give him some quotes to include in his article. He took me up on this offer and added a pic of my Adam I to the article. I hope it gets submitted!! Cindy wrote an article about her stuff and submitted it a couple of weeks ago. If they both get in it would be great for us!! Since I was in the last one it was her turn to submit. But I figured if I could indirectally get included too ... all the better! (fingers crossed)

5. Cindy handed in one of her older works for Worcester Window. Her work should be displayed in the Chamber of Commerce Building down town in the next week or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home