Benjamin Franklin

Benjamin Franklin Tercentenary Portrait painted by Scott Holloway. This "fresh look" of Benjamin Franklin has been made into the New Town Seal of Franklin, MA. Now I am selling Museum quality Giclee Prints.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Worcester, MA., United States

Specializing in realist painting techniques dating back to the Renaissance, Holloway has painted everyone from university presidents to American historical figures. He is also an established Conceptual Artist as well and shows work in many galleries around the world including New England, NYC, LA, London and Berlin. my Bio and Resume: http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/bio/paintingloft

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Good day

Just found this BLOG it links back to my site. I commented on his blog and he liked my work so much he made a blog about it. I was happy to find it.

I was just contacted by the Italian American Cultural Center and they want to show my work in either April or September. I decided to do the show in September because I have been so busy marketing that I have had little time to get in my studio. This latter date will give me time to get some new work done and it is the same time as the stART on the STreet event. So if I do that event I can tell everyone that I am actually showing my work in a gallery. Happy to get a show planned for this year.

Freemasonstore wrote back again prompt as always. The told me that my info was submitted to posting and would be up in about a week. I wrote them and asked them what catagory it would fall under. I sugested and ART or a BENJAMIN FRANKLIN catagory. With the BF catagory they could put other products like the literature they have. They wrote back (promptly) and told me that they used to have an ART section that sold prints in the past and closed the catagory when all the art sold. They will just be reopening it with my work.
They also told me that they will be sending out a newsletter to inform all their customers of the new print. Another reason to be happy.

Rocco also gave me a referal. A possible new client for some portraiture work!! We talked and she seemed very excited. She wanted her two sons painted and her husband said he wanted her in the portrait too. We talked about prices and I gaver her a 60% cut off the third portrait. She sounded ok with it and she needed to talk to her husband again. She wanted one portrait with all of them in it and I tried to talk her out of that. I prefer to do single portraits because they are more personal and intimate. I hope she takes the idea. Yet, another reason to be happy!

Still waiting to get called back about the two Ben prints that the funeral home wants. I made up a price package and sent it to Rocco so he will have some concrete numbers to tell people.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job, Scott. You rule.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 3:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home