Benjamin Franklin

Benjamin Franklin Tercentenary Portrait painted by Scott Holloway. This "fresh look" of Benjamin Franklin has been made into the New Town Seal of Franklin, MA. Now I am selling Museum quality Giclee Prints.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Worcester, MA., United States

Specializing in realist painting techniques dating back to the Renaissance, Holloway has painted everyone from university presidents to American historical figures. He is also an established Conceptual Artist as well and shows work in many galleries around the world including New England, NYC, LA, London and Berlin. my Bio and Resume: http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/bio/paintingloft

Monday, March 13, 2006

Tercentenary Products




wow! Just doing some research and finding this:



Benjamin Franklin Bath Salts!
wow! That sounds great!

or how about this:


Ben Franklin Neon. Yellow, Green, Orange or Blue
Only $3500.00

I am not an expert on these things but I think this is more marketable. while I was in Philly; I had a meeting with the manager of the Independence Visitors Center while I was in Philly and she talked about the image acceptance process. The painting of Benjamin Franklin flying a kite with white hair would never have passes with today's strict acceptance criteria. I only hope that I have is eye color correct. This bust was done while he was in France. They believe that this mask was used to create the famous bust. I thought it was a death mask but I was wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home