Benjamin Franklin

Benjamin Franklin Tercentenary Portrait painted by Scott Holloway. This "fresh look" of Benjamin Franklin has been made into the New Town Seal of Franklin, MA. Now I am selling Museum quality Giclee Prints.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Worcester, MA., United States

Specializing in realist painting techniques dating back to the Renaissance, Holloway has painted everyone from university presidents to American historical figures. He is also an established Conceptual Artist as well and shows work in many galleries around the world including New England, NYC, LA, London and Berlin. my Bio and Resume: http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/bio/paintingloft

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Slap in the Face!

I can't believe the Town of Franklin! I just went on their site and saw that they posted a pic of the new town seal Rocco and I created. It was a pic taken by an amateur with a flash glare totally destroying the look of the painting. Even the white ring around the painting is actually gold leaf but it is so overexposed from the flash it appears white. I can't imagine why anyone would consider using this picture. I was so insulted that I wrote the webmaster and told him to remove it. Just look at it!!


The reason I went to the site was to try to find info on Franklin Week which is March 1 - 7. Big surprise that nothing is posted or planned.

While down in Philly talking to people I was asked several times what the birthplace of Benjamin Franklin was doing to celebrate the 300th birthday. I had to tell them that "You're looking at it." They were all surprised that the city of Boston did nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home