Benjamin Franklin

Benjamin Franklin Tercentenary Portrait painted by Scott Holloway. This "fresh look" of Benjamin Franklin has been made into the New Town Seal of Franklin, MA. Now I am selling Museum quality Giclee Prints.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Worcester, MA., United States

Specializing in realist painting techniques dating back to the Renaissance, Holloway has painted everyone from university presidents to American historical figures. He is also an established Conceptual Artist as well and shows work in many galleries around the world including New England, NYC, LA, London and Berlin. my Bio and Resume: http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/bio/paintingloft

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Selling Rights


I just sold a giclee yesterday to Oteri Funeral Home in Franklin Ma. He asked me if he could use the image on his website that he is in the process of creating. He told me that the name of the funeral home was "Oteri Funeral Home", but that title was already taken by a funeral home in CA. I could relate to that and we talked a little about my name being taken by a photographer in GA.

He said that his funeral home was also known as Franklin Funeral Home by the locals and decided to use that for his site title as it was not used yet. He also asked me if he could use my image on his site. I told him that I would have to get back to him about that. I need to figure out the pricing for selling limited rights to the image for advertising. There is little written about it on line and nothing mentioned in my book "Artist's and Graphic Designer's Market". I still need to find out more from him like; is he going to want it for letter head or brochures, etc.

I had a thought that maybe he could pay a monthly fee or a yearly fee for the use of the image. Just thinking of getting steady income in every month or year really appeals to me!! (Thinking of the big picture.) If I could license this image out and continue to receive royalty check every year would be great!

After the sale was finalized he asked if I had considered buying a booth for the 4th of July event in Franklin. He told me that he thought I would do very well at the event. I am not sure if I will do this event. I will need to invest probably $500 into this event, and I am not sure if I will make it back + profit. I have worked out one design though for a home made t-shirt. It consists of using transfer/ iron-on prints. I figured out a design that I can print 2 designs per page.

Cindy wrote a letter to our Kung Fu teacher Sifu Maury of Maury's Kung Fu and asked him if he would be interested in splitting the $300 for the booth as our Sifu has a location in Franklin Ma. He could easily be in the 4th of July parade with a lion dance team again and then share a booth at the common where Cindy and I would sell t-shirts and he would solicit new members.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home