Benjamin Franklin

Benjamin Franklin Tercentenary Portrait painted by Scott Holloway. This "fresh look" of Benjamin Franklin has been made into the New Town Seal of Franklin, MA. Now I am selling Museum quality Giclee Prints.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Worcester, MA., United States

Specializing in realist painting techniques dating back to the Renaissance, Holloway has painted everyone from university presidents to American historical figures. He is also an established Conceptual Artist as well and shows work in many galleries around the world including New England, NYC, LA, London and Berlin. my Bio and Resume: http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/bio/paintingloft

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Franklin Celebration


The 4th of July event in Franklin Mass is going to be a great opportunity to get my name out there. Today I started to make the matted prints. 29 now under my belt. I need to make an educated decision on how many I need to make for this event. Any extra will be available on my site. Seeing all these products makes me feel like I am really getting myself in gear. It only took short time to make and they look great!


This Weekend we will be hanging our first show at Quinsigamond Community College. The show is called TRANSITIONS. It is a PaintingLoft Solo Show. Just Cynthia and I will be displaying our work. Cindy will be showing some of her smaller pieces and I will be showing mostly drawings ending (transitioning) with 2 paintings. For myself the title TRANSITIONS means the transition of more content in my drawings. Most of my work that will be in the show is older work. The drawings are surrounded by "pseudo" text. In the beginning of this Holy Relic Series, I used the text as a pure graphic element. Looking at Leonardo and Michelangelo's drawings; I was unable to read any of the text. I saw it as purely a graphic element. That is why most of my drawings contained "babble". I have since "Transitioned" from that to actual literal content. My Love Series contains anatomical text about the human heart, and my Adam Series contains text relating to Adam and Eve. From the drawings I have also included two paintings. They relate directly from the drawings. They can also be considered "Transitions". I will probably hang them next to the corresponding drawings.

This marks the first of several shows that Cynthia and I will be in this year in Worcester. I have planned to make this the year that PaintingLoft gets it's and our names known in the local community and It seems to be working out well so far.

*Cynthia has a spot in the latest Issue of Blank Canvas Magazine.

*I am also spotlighted in the Pascarelli Gallery article in the magazine. (giving him the idea to write the article)

*We will be participating in the 4th of July event in Franklin MA with a booth selling Ben Franklin prints, t-shirts, buttons, mugs etc.

*We will be having another solo show in the Aurora Gallery at ArtsWorcester in September.

*I will be having a solo show in the Italian American Cultural Center at Mount Carmel also in September.

*We will be participating in the stART on the Street Event ALSO September.

*WAG (Worcester Artist Group) wants several pieces of work to be included in their "Other Worldly" Exhibit. Again; in September.

This Friday will be the Blank Canvas Magazine Release Party. All the artist are welcome to hang a piece. I will be hanging one of the framed Franklin prints 7x7. I think it has a better chance of selling than an original as our originals are usually considered "high end" prices. (and rightfully so) Cynthia will be hanging one of the paintings that was in the magazine. "Worcester's Green Hill Park at Sunset".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home