Benjamin Franklin

Benjamin Franklin Tercentenary Portrait painted by Scott Holloway. This "fresh look" of Benjamin Franklin has been made into the New Town Seal of Franklin, MA. Now I am selling Museum quality Giclee Prints.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Worcester, MA., United States

Specializing in realist painting techniques dating back to the Renaissance, Holloway has painted everyone from university presidents to American historical figures. He is also an established Conceptual Artist as well and shows work in many galleries around the world including New England, NYC, LA, London and Berlin. my Bio and Resume: http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/bio/paintingloft

Monday, May 01, 2006

Busy

Ok... I'm back. It has been a month since I have written. In that Time I have received a Third commission from Tufts U. In Grafton. Their latest Dean will be retiring in July and they asked me for a delivery at the end of June. It is a bit of a crunch to get that one done but it is a good kick in the but to get myself to paint faster.

We also have hung the show at Quinsigamond Community College (QCC). The reception was a bit of a disappointment. Very few people showed up. I contribute it to the fact that it was on the same day as the Wine Tasting and Networking event that had over 160 people RSVP'ed. (including us) And the fact that it was a Tuesday. We didn't have to do the Gallery Walk though because they decided there wasn't enough people there at the time.
Although the reception was small I have gotten many great written responses in the guest book. One of them is for a Forensic Dentistry Resouce Center in Worcester that is interested in showing my work in their offices, and I just received a call today about someone wanting to purchase one of my drawings (LOVE I) at the QCC show. I will need to get a better picture of it before it is taken away.

Cindy was just informed by WAG (Worcester Artist Group) that her painting in the Worcester Windows event at the Chamber of Commerce Building might be sold.
They are not sure if hers is the piece that the Law firm is interested in but it sounds like it is hers. I guess we will be finding out soon.

I have also been in contact again with the FreeMasonStore.com. I informed them of my new Ben Franklin Products including the framed giclee and the smaller canvassed prints. The wrote back promptly and told me they would be posting them. I assume all of the products I listed on my new products page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home